TRAI has made entity registration on DLT portals mandatory for anyone who wants to send SMS. We are experiencing an unusually high amount of support calls and emails. As a result, some of your queries might have gone unanswered even though our teams worked incredibly long hours. If you have been trying to reach us but couldn’t get through, we sincerely apologize.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of registering an entity on the DLT platform. We will also suggest multiple DLT platforms to make sure you have options. DLT registration process involves three main processes as listed below:
1. Obtain Unique Entity ID
2. Add Telemarketer & Register Headers
Step 1 – Obtain Unique Entity ID
Here is the list of 5 DLT platforms. You can register at any one of them by filling in the required information and uploading the documents to get a temporary ID. The submitted documents will be verified by the Operator. Once verified, you will be assigned a unique Entity ID. While registering at any of the listed DLT operators below, you can leave the payment details blank.
- Jio DLT Registration complete guide
DLT Registration link – https://trueconnect.jio.com/#/
- Airtel DLT Registration complete guide
DLT Registration link – https://www.airtel.in/business/commercial-communication/home
- Videocon SmartPing DLT Registration complete guide
DLT Registration link – https://smartping.live/entity/signup/Indian
- Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT Registration complete guide
DLT Registration link – https://www.vilpower.in/
It has been observed that registering at Videocon is the easiest and simplest way to obtain entity id. Once you have obtained a reference number/temporary ID/Unique ID and registered entity name, you should share it with us for uninterrupted service.
Step 2 – Add Telemarketer & Register Headers
After you have obtained your Unique Entity ID, add Telemarketer ID, you have to register your headers in the DLT platforms.
Steps to Add Headers
1. Once you have completed DLT registration, you can start adding your headers (Sender ID) under the Headers tab in the dashboard.
2. There are 2 types of Headers, i.e. Promotional & Others
Promotional – If you are going to use the SMS service for promotional activities such as running campaigns, offers, discounts, and promotions. For promotional reasons, you have to add a preferred 6-digit numeric sender ID in the Header Textbox. You also need to provide a reason for choosing the Header in the description box.
Others – You should choose this when the nature of the campaign is transactional such as alerts, notifications, and updates. In this case, also you have to add a preferred 6-digit numeric sender ID in the Header Textbox. You also need to provide a reason for choosing the Header in the description box.
Steps to add Telemarketer
1. Once you are on the DLT platform registration link, select ‘Telemarketer Request’ from the side navigation. Enter the telemarketer ID “1702157354248182157” and click view.
2. Select “3m Digital Networks Pvt. Ltd” from the list and submit the form.
Things to note
1. The Header selected by you should match the entity name.
2. Headers (Sender names) are case-sensitive i.e. ABCDEF and abcdef are two different sender names and can be registered separately.
Reach out to us once your headers have been approved.