Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is the technological infrastructure and protocols. It allows operators concurrent access, record, and validate the updates in an immutable manner across a network spread across multiple entities or locations. As per the latest TRAI guidelines, every Individual/Business Entity needs to do DLT registration on any platform providing the services to continue sending SMS to its customers and clients. Distributed Ledger Technology, more commonly known as blockchain technology, and was introduced by bitcoin. It is now a buzzword in the telecom and technology world given its potential across industries and sectors. In general, DLT is about a decentralized network and it doesn’t support a conventional centralized mechanism. Entities are relying on trusted 3rd party and hence DLT’s being implemented. DLT is implemented because entities are relying on trusted 3rd parties. As per recent TRIA guidelines, every business/individual needs to register on the DLT platform as an entity that wants to send Bulk SMS to their customers.
Here, we have described the process of registering in Vodafone DLT.
Follow the steps below to Signup into Vodafone DLT:
- Visit the link – https://www.vilpower.in/signup/
The page will be displayed as shown in the image below. Check out the image below. Click on the Signup button to register in the Vodafone DLT platform.
- Click the Signup button, you will be re-directed to the next page and will be asked to choose one option between the two. Select the suitable option and click on the Next button.
- After clicking on the Next button, another page will get displayed. It will ask whether you have registered with any other mobile operator DLT network.
- If you have not registered with any other DLT mobile operator then select the ‘No’ button. Then you will be asked to enter your Business PAN number. Enter your PAN card number and then click on the button ‘Verify and Continue‘.
- After clicking on the Verify and Continue button, the next window will appear asking you to sign up for a business account. Here, you need to select your business type, enter your name, email id, password, mobile number and then click on the ‘I agree to VIL terms and conditions checkbox’.
- After entering all the details, click on the Continue button to proceed with the registration.
- Once you click on the Continue button, OTP will sent on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the Verify button.
- A verification link will be emailed to you. You need to click on the link in your email inbox to complete the signup process.
- Check out the image. Click on the ‘Confirm Email Address‘ box to complete your account verification.
- As you click on the ‘Confirm Email Address‘ a message will be displayed on your screen that ‘Your account has been activated successfully, Please Login’. Select the suitable option between Enterprise and Telemarketer and then click on the Next button.
- As you click on the Next button, another window will get opened. It will ask you to enter your email address and password. After entering the details, click on the Login button.
- Once you click on the Login button, another window will appear where you need to enter OTP received on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on Verify.
- Enter your additional business details in the displayed window. Click on the ‘Select Industry Type’ field, and a number of options will get displayed such as Individual, Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Private/Public Company Ltd, etc. In the next field, different categories of sectors like Finance, Retail, Health, etc. will be displayed. Select your Business type and Industry from the list and then enter further details. After adding the requested details, click the Continue button. Enter your additional business details in the displayed window.
- Click on the Continue button, where you need to enter your Business Address details. Enter all the details and then click on the Continue button.
- As you click on the Continue button, the next window will appear where you need to upload your identity documents for verification. Click on the Upload Document to attach your PAN Card and then click on the Continue button.
- See the ‘Proof of Identity Added successfully’ message on top of the screen
- After that you need to upload a document for the Address Proof. Select the Document Type from the table of options such as Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, attach the document and then click on the Continue button to proceed further.
- After you have uploaded the document, a message will appear on the screen that your document is added successfully as shown in the image below. Here, you need to select the Telemarketer(Bulk SMS Service Provider) from which you want to purchase Bulk SMS Service and after entering the Telemarketer ID, click on the Verify button.
- Select 3M DIGITAL NETWORKS PVT LTD as your telemarketer if you want to purchase Bulk SMS Service from MOBtexting. Enter the Telemarketer ID as 1702157354248182157 and click on the Continue button.
- Click on the Continue button and you will be redirected to the registration fee. Registration charges of INR 5900/- may apply.
Note : The Operator charges for DLT registration and not MOBtexting.
- On your screen, a message will be displayed stating that your payment is successful. Now, click on the button ‘Continue to create account’.
- As you click on that button, a dialog box will be displayed with the message ‘Thanks for signing up’
- Your account status will appear as pending for activation. Once your documents get verified, your account will be activated.
This is the process of creating an account in a Vilpower DLT platform. After registration, you have to wait till further notice by TRAI and keep checking your registered Email to further updates.
Leave a Reply